The ideal candidate will be spiritually mature, loves the Lord, and possesses a passion for youth and their spiritual growth. Will be a leader, teacher, disciple maker, and communicator who encourages students (grades 6-12) to commit their life to Christ and equips them for a lifelong growing relationship with Christ. Has a desire to conduct Christian Counseling. Has musical abilities and willing to participate with the worship team.
The youth leader/minister will report to the Senior Pastor and Personnel Committee.
1. Provide vision and leadership for a dynamic youth ministries program, emphasizing both discipleship and outreach.
2. Possess excellent teaching skills that include strong knowledge of scripture and the ability to connect scripture with life application for youth.
3. Develop a strategic discipleship plan that will meet the needs of growing Christian students.
4. Provide serving opportunities and implement youth evangelism and outreach programs for the greater Shelby, Johnson, Hancock, and Marion counties.
5. R.E.M. – Recruit, Equip, and Maintain youth volunteers/leaders.
6. Engage and equip parents so they can learn together with their youth to better know Jesus, help each other love Jesus, and work together to live for Jesus.
7. Assist with Counseling ministry with both youth and their families (training will be provided by the church).
8. Be involved with PVBC’s ministries (attending Sunday services, business meetings, as well as staff meetings).
Professional Skills and Requirements
1. Devoted follower of Christ: pursuing the Lord with head, heart, and hands.
2. In agreement with and fully committed to the core doctrines, mission, and values of Pleasant View Baptist Church.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Possessing a teachable spirit and the ability to work well with others.
5. Organized, proactive, and self-motivated; able to work with little supervision yet able to work effectively with teams of volunteers and peers.
6. Preferred bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a Bible College or Seminary.
7. Possess musical ability to assist and participate with our worship team (blended music).
Send Resumes and Statement of Faith to email@example.com