What to Expect
Expect a warm welcome when you come to worship here at Pleasant View Baptist Church. We have one dress code: wear clothes. When it comes time for the offering, we ask nothing from our guests except to love Jesus (our members have the offering covered). As for our worship service, we have a blended service to help the whole family raise their voices in praise. Here's a simple break-down of what you might experience on a typical Sunday morning:
- Dress: There is no standard dress or 'dress code' (other than to wear clothes). Coat and tie, dress, casual, jeans . . . you will find a real mix among the people at PVBC.
- Music: Expect a blend of modern praise choruses & hymns. VARIETY is the key to our musical worship.
- Bible Version: Our public ministries tend use the N.I.V. (New International Version), but other versions are also used (NASB, Holman, ESV, KJV, NLT, etc).
- Preaching: Expect the preaching to be expository teaching-style (verse-by-verse) through books of the Bible, with intensely practical examples & applications for everyday living.
- Atmosphere: Do not expect to be pressured to give money (our members have that covered), join the church, etc. Opportunity is given for those who wish to do so whenever God leads.
- Children: A nursery within a few steps of the auditorium is provided for newborns through 4 yrs old.
- Welcome: Expect a warm welcome as you enter the door of the church. Seriously, our greeters and church members will surely make you feel welcome as soon as you reach the door - and it's genuine!
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, our creator and center of our universe, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that all have sinned and are under the condemnation of death.
- We believe that everyone who receives the Lord Jesus, through faith, is born again by the Holy Spirit through the Word of God and becomes a child of God, eternally secure in His grace.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who indwells every believer and enables them to live a godly life.
- We believe that the scriptural ordinances of the local church are baptism and the Lord's Supper; that baptism, by immersion, should be administered to believers only, not for salvation but as an identifying symbol of their belief in the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe we are called in loyalty to Jesus Christ to proclaim the Good News of God's reconciling grace, and to declare the saving power of the Gospel to every human being.
We believe that God created men & women in His image & likeness for fellowship with Himself. We believe that He instituted marriage between man and woman only, and assigned humanity to carry out the creation mandate to multiply, tend the earth and all its inhabitants.
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Pleasant View Baptist Church.
*The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe.
Pleasant View Baptist Church is part of the American Baptist Churches.